Oh to be a kid again. I miss those carefree days where the world was yours for the taking, and there were no worries. I love that my kids have the freedome to run, and explore...play and build. There is always something to do around here...and they never say "I'm bored". They can always make their own fun...
playing in the sand box
Running throught the wheat fields with their dogs...
I was snapping pics of the dogs, and when I downloaded this photo, I got quite a giggle out of June's face!!!!
It has been a busy spring, and we are now getting into the farming season as well as trying to finish up our homeschool program. Grace is mostly finished, and the other kids just have a few things left this week. We are looking forward to our summer vacation! I haven't posted as much lately here on the blog, so I thought I would share a few of my instagram photos from the past severa; weeks. I would love for you to follow me on Instagram...my username is Sherellech! It's so easy for me to take and share photos there because my phone is always in my pocket. I wish the quality of photos was more comparable to my DSLR, but hey, it's easy and convenient. Anyhow, here are a hundred posts all in one...here is what we have been up to...
1. Russ working on his math assignment 2. Girls day with grandma Sheri 3. Impromptu jam session 4. & 5. The kids cleaning up dog poop in the back yard...don't they look thrilled? 6. & 7. Flying kites in the grain field 8. & 9. Grace and I had a girls night to go to her fiddle teacher's concert 10. One of our baby bunnies 11. Grace making chicken salad for lunch 12. David and I snuck to Mick's for dinner one night, and we enjoyed a piece of pie 13. I loved the little logo for this company...David ordered a bunch of berry shrubs, and this was their logo!!! 14. David helped me put cedar ties around my strawberry patch 15. Grace at her fiddle lesson 16. Our turkeys 1. Grace walking on our hill 2. David planting all of his new berry shrubs (blueberries, sea berries, blackberries and hucklberries) 3. Lily with Socks, one of our favorite cats 4. haha! Russ surprised David in his back-up camera 5. Shameless selfie! Hey...it was a special occasion, I actually curled my hair! Shocker...I hate doing my hair! 6. Homeschool recess! I took the kids to the skate park one nice day 7. I finally finished my embroidery project I've been working on 8. Rupe's for ice cream 9. David hung little hooks in my closet for my necklaces 10. Lunch at Jalisco's 11. Kate wearing all of the seat belts in the back seat 12. The wild crew at Jalisco's 13. Auntie Shelby spent the night 14. washing eggs 15. & 16. Lily and Kate with grandma Elaine 1. Kate put her American Girl doll's hair in curlers (and the doll is carrying around her fiddle case) 2. & 3. Lily and Kate doing their schoolwork 4. Grace giving Kate a lesson 5. Stopping for a cold drink after violin lessons 6. snuggling with grandma in bed 7. Grace giving me a pedicure 8. Stopped at a place in Montana...and the girls were hitting on cowboys! 9. 10. & 11. Trying on fancy glasses 12. At the Ford dealership...grandma and grandpa's car transmission went out on our trip to Spokane. 13. Grace playing at Northwest Regionals (she got third place) 14. Lanie and Kelli...Grace's fiddle friends. She was so happy to see them! 15. Grace with her fiddle teachers, Joe and Jacie Sites 16. Grace and her favorite bass player
1. Kate ready to play at Northwest Regionals 2. Shelby and Grace 3. & 4. While we were in Spokane for the fiddle contest, we got to see Brenden and Danielle! 5. Shelby and my kids in the hotel pool 6. & 7. My cousin Jess and her family drove from Langley Island to see us in Spokane! It was so much fun to visit with her family! 8. The girls posing by a giant mandolin at Fudrucker's 9. Russ got to go to Cabela's with grandpa and daddy 10. The Junior Northwest Regionals Fiddle Champion 11. & 12. Shelby and I went to see The Kingston Trio in Pocatello 13. Grace and Russell doing their science assignment in the playhouse 14. Lily and Kate in the chicken coop 15. & 16. the girls' play corner...everything is vintage :)
1. lunch on the deck 2. David hard at work 3. 4. & 5. The girls and I decided to stop by the park for a bit (Russell was working with dad) 6. Grace and Kate trying to catch the turkeys 7. Can you see Russell in top of that tree? Crazy kid! He scares his mother to death sometimes! 8. & 9. The tangerine tree is blossiming in the greenhouse...it smells divine! The lemon tree is about to open! 10. The girls planting seeds for their science unit on plants 11. Sister lesson 12. & 13. Russ shooting his new pellet gun 14. & 15. Celebrating David's 34th birthday with his favorite dinner...beef enchiladas. 16. I took the kids to get frozen yogurt after their big day taking isats (our state standardized testing)
1. & 2. Mommy daughter date 3. She got to pick out a treat at CAL Ranch 4. Russell cuddling with June 5. & 6. The kids working on their tree house 7. Gathering eggs 8. beginning stages of our egg heads 9. Going for an evening walk with my dogs 10. Kate playing with May 11. David getting the pivots going for the first time this year! 12. Grace and Russ running through the field 13. Lily got two teeth pulled...and the tooth fairy came! 14. Russell starting moving pipe 15. Grace playing with the dogs 16. I found this self portrait on my phone
1. & 2. David and I working in the greenhouse 3. & 4. tomatoes in the greenhouse 5. Lily and Kate using math manipulatives 6. Lisa's Hibiscus plant bloomed 7. Helpers in the greenhouse 8. I finally perfected sourdough bread 9. Bouquet of fresh daffodils from my yard 10. Grace helping the girls with their schoolwork 11. & 12. We all had our six month dental appointments 13. The growing egg heads, and their new hair dos 14. Grace playing with May and June 15. Kate and I getting ready to plant some of our flower pots in the greenhouse 16. Grace working on her 6th grade math final